Vortex is seeking an innovative, passionate marketing leader that will be responsible to outline the overall strategy guiding the marketing activities for our products and services. In this role, you will be the expert on buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel and product development team. With a strong focus on key business metrics, you are a data-driven strategic catalyst for the organization, helping lead new business growth and profitability.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan in coordination with the marketing team, outlining key activities and objectives; guide the marketing team in implementing high-impact marketing strategies and programs that will drive sales by strengthening product brand and increasing buyer awareness.
- Provide vision, clarity and guidance around our marketing strategy and programs, ensuring broad buy-in from the various stakeholders.
- Influence priorities for product development ; in collaboration with product and business development leaders, participate in defining an overall product portfolio strategy.
- Build and maintain market intelligence - be the expert on Vortex buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on competition and how to gain market share and grow revenue; develop a methodology to ensure that the organization can identify, assess and measure evolving market segments and the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for assessment, evaluation and continual improvement of existing Marketing programs and overall marketing output.
- Drive the marketing team's sales enablement efforts by ensuring to communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and by developing the sales tools that support the selling process of Vortex products.
- Oversee activities of the team, ensuring a good, effective and efficient balance between internal and external resources.
- Coach and develop marketing team - identify training and resource needs.
- Manage marketing budget effectively and define and monitor KPIs for measuring effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
Skills and competencies
- Solid experience in strategic planning & execution of marketing efforts.
- Excellent leadership skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong business sense.
- Strong analytical, planning and project management skills including a demonstrated ability to manage deadlines, juggle multiple projects and manage budget.
- Able to effectively express information verbally, visually and in writing in a manner appropriate to the needs of the audience.
- Strong business acumen for comprehending analytics and working with data.
- Team player with ability to influence and persuade others to align according to shared objectives.
- Takes ownership and accepts responsibility for the outcome of their activities, projects and the success of the Company.
- Independent , self motivated and result driven.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French /English)
Experience and education:
- 10+ years' in a B2B industry , preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership position in Marketing.
- Experience in serving the global market .
- Bachelor's in business or marketing, MBA an asset.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.